At the end of this interactive training, you will be able to:
- understand client behaviour and motivation to change
- utilise practical communication skills to encourage conversation and support change
- assess your client’s readiness to change through the transtheoretical model of behaviour change
- utilise motivational interviewing skills to explore and resolve a client’s ambivalence
- put motivational interviewing into practice
The training includes opportunities for reflection and review. Non-threatening group activities are incorporated to help reinforce learning.
Who Should Attend
The online training is ideal for professionals who would like to:
- increase their overall skills, knowledge and confidence in the principles and processes of motivational interviewing
- effectively explore and resolve a client’s ambivalence and support behaviour change in a positive way
- confidently prepare their clients for change with practical tips and strategies
The Professionals Who We Have Assisted
- General Practitioners
- Allied Health Staff (OTs and Physiotherapists)
- Health and Wellbeing Coordinators (for e.g. alcohol and other drugs (including nicotine addiction), weight management, physical activity, gambling, medication compliance)
- Counsellors (including AOD), Psychologists and Social Workers
- Oncology Professionals
- Hearing Professionals
- Oral Health Professionals
- Vocational Consultants/Employment Support Consultants (for e.g. multiple sclerosis)
- Health Service Providers/Professionals (who provide workplace health checks)
- Outreach and Community Workers/Support Workers/Case Managers
- Defence Personnel
- Diabetes Educators
- Health Promotion Officers
- Pilates Instructors
- Education Professionals
About Your Facilitator
Stavroula Zandes, Director
Stavroula has a background in psychology and counselling, and worked with the Cancer Council Victoria (Quit Victoria) for 20 years in tobacco control. Her roles initially included Quitline telephone counsellor, and as a Quit Educator running seminars for smokers in the workplace and community setting.
During her time at the Cancer Council, she also managed and delivered Quit’s training programs to a range of health and community professionals across Australia. As a result, Stav has trained thousands of professionals from various sectors… Her relationships with these organisations and Educators, inspired her to establish ‘Health & Wellbeing Training Consultants’ to continue to provide education and training in an area that she is deeply passionate about – people’s health and wellbeing.
Stav and her team provide a professional service and create a safe haven for learning – we are the perfect solution for your training and professional development needs, and look forward to working with you to help improve your confidence, knowledge and skills in motivational interviewing.
Read Stav’s full bio here.
What do previous participants have to say?
“Very engaging and motivating; practical and full of great examples.”
“Liked the common sense approach – it was practical and useful. I really enjoyed this.”
“The positive enthusiastic presenter – Stav you have inspired me. Thanks for all the positive stories and applications and information.”
“Liked the scenarios, and how applicable and relevant they were to each particular workplace.”
“Gave me confidence in using a different approach dealing with negative clients.”
“Stav was passionate, informative and engaging. Best ‘work’ training thing I’ve been to.”
Want to experience the same?
Then click the ‘Add to Cart’ button above and book in today to secure your spot, and to avoid disappointment!