Smoking Cessation Training and Workshops across Australia
Professional training and seminars on how to quit smoking
As smoking continues to be the leading cause of preventable disease and premature death in Australia, and as two in three lifetime smokers will die as a result of their habit (and on average 10 years earlier than their non-smoking friends), we are keen to continue making a difference, to help reduce the devastating harm caused by smoking in our society.
Quitting smoking can be difficult, particularly when surrounded by other smokers at home or in the workplace. Engaging in the smoking conversation for a few minutes however, and in a positive and non-judgmental way can encourage behaviour change amongst people who smoke. This translates into more quitting attempts and increased success.
With quitting having immediate as well as long term benefits for the individual and for the community at large, participating in smoking cessation education is a worthwhile investment.
At Health & Wellbeing Training Consultants, we assist organisations throughout Australia in supporting a smokefree lifestyle through our smoking cessation training for health and community professionals , as well as quit smoking workshops for staff within the workplace and corporate sector.
Our approach focuses on utilising practical strategies to make it as easy as possible for you, your clients or employees to learn about their smoking behaviour, including highlighting the most effective and successful methods and products to help individuals quit successfully.
For further details, please download our program outline for your setting.
Let Health & Wellbeing Training Consultants help you promote and encourage a better lifestyle for your clients and/or employees. Contact us today about our quitting smoking programs offered across Melbourne and Australia. Simply fill out the contact form to receive a free, no-obligation quote on your specific requirements OR attend one of our smoking cessation training programs for professionals which are held in Melbourne at the Docklands. The 2020 training dates are highlighted below – click on the relevant link for further information.
2021 Melbourne Training Dates
One and two days’ training – please contact us to express your interest
Smoking Cessation Webinar Course
If you would like to participate in our smoking cessation training in the comfort of your own home or office, then the webinar series may be exactly what you need.
As part of this series, there are 3 modules (approx 1.5hrs each) that complete the training package. The content in each module builds on the previous one, with all three modules complementing each other.
Click here for further details, and to download the course outline.
Quit smoking 6 week program
An additional quit smoking course is also available. This program is presented over 6 weeks with each session of the program running for 1 – 2 hours (depending on the availability of staff, the timing of the session is flexible.)
Over 6 weeks, the program explores addiction and smoking behaviour, various challenges of quitting, such as stress, weight gain and managing alcohol without smoking, as well as quitting smoking methods and medications, relapse prevention, electronic cigarettes and support services available.
Throughout the 6 session program, participants will be asked to reflect on their own challenges to quitting and potential triggers to start smoking again. Effective strategies to deal with these concerns will be explored and identified within the group. There will be many opportunities in the sessions for reflection and review, with non-threatening group discussion and activities incorporated throughout the program.
What do previous participants say about our workshops?
One of the workshop participants was adamant that he wasn’t going to quit smoking – but by the end, he had committed to cutting down.
Other testimonials include:
- “Very well delivered – relevant information and practical strategies to implement; learning new strategies and practicing them.”
- “Awesome – great/approachable workshops.”
- “Excellent course and I have implemented a lot of ideas into planning my quit day.
- “Felt very positive and focused at the end of each workshop.”
- “Motivating, relaxed and informative.”
- “Thanks to Stav, a wonderful program that really gets you excited to quit.”
- “Great evidence-based presentation.”
- “Stav was very helpful, gave us lots of strategies.”
- “Fun approach; great energy.”
- “Very engaging! Great practical advice.”
- “Fun approach. Motivation, teamwork and relaxed sessions.”
- “Getting together with colleagues about something non-work related; bonding with other staff; getting to know one another on a more personal level.”
- “Stav was so engaging, passionate and knowledgeable.”
- “(Thankful) that we were provided with this opportunity by … (their workplace).”
- “Stav was a fantastic facilitator, very engaging and inspiring. Stav has given me the tools to finally quit forever!”
- “It would be great to have this more often. A refresher course would be great.”
Let Health & Wellbeing Training Consultants help you promote and encourage a better lifestyle for your clients and/or employees. Contact us today about our quitting smoking programs offered across Melbourne and Australia. Simply fill out the contact form to receive a free, no-obligation quote on your specific requirements.