Do you want to…
- learn how to manage your stress effectively in a positive and productive way?
- learn what the physical and psychological symptoms of stress are?
- learn some practical tips to help you manage and/or reduce your stress?
- learn more about mindfulness and how you can apply it in your daily life?
- learn more about the support services that are available to help you?
Then this webinar is for you!
Managing stress effectively is possible. It’s important to find strategies that work for you and to consistently put them into practice.
As our experience of stress is an individual one, so too, are the strategies that we put in place. So, if one strategy isn’t working for you, then it’s important to try another strategy and to reflect on what you could try, to help you regain control. Having a confidential conversation with a loved one or a peer for example, can help. In this webinar, we highlight various useful and evidence-based strategies, including the importance of seeking professional help.
Please note however, that if you are currently experiencing high and ongoing levels of stress, then we encourage you to seek professional help immediately. Speak to your doctor who can provide you with further information and support as to how you can best manage your current situation…
The webinar is presented as a Zoom recording of Stavroula Zandes, the Director of Health & Wellbeing Training Consultants presenting their established stress management workshop that is run face-to-face in groups. This webinar runs for approximately 1 hour and 40 minutes and is supported by a number of resources…
The webinar not only highlights what stress is and how our bodies physiologically respond to stress, but it also shares a range of practical tips and strategies to help you manage and/or reduce your stress. It includes the following content:
- Setting the scene and understanding stress:
- What is stress and what is the difference between stress and anxiety?
- Identifying the symptoms of stress:
- How does the body physiologically respond to stress?
- Exploring both the physical and psychological symptoms of stress
- Identifying the various sources of stress:
- Managing stress effectively with practical tips and ideas:
- Six simple strategies that can help
- Learning to be mindful, including putting some simple mindfulness activities into practice
- Information and support services available
About The Trainer
Stavroula Zandes, Director
Stavroula has a background in psychology and counselling, and worked with the Cancer Council Victoria (Quit Victoria) for 20 years in tobacco control. Her roles initially included Quitline telephone counsellor, and as a Quit Educator running seminars for smokers in the workplace and community setting.
During her time at the Cancer Council, she also managed and delivered Quit’s training programs to a range of health and community professionals across Australia. As a result, Stav has trained thousands of professionals from various sectors… Her relationships with these organisations and Educators, inspired her to establish ‘Health & Wellbeing Training Consultants’ to continue to provide education and training in an area that she is deeply passionate about – people’s health and wellbeing.
We are the perfect solution for your training and professional development needs, and look forward to working with you to help improve your confidence, knowledge and skills in supporting clients towards positive change.
Read Stav’s full bio here.
What are consumers saying about this webinar?
- “Thank you! This webinar was very helpful and informative.”
- “I love the practical nature of this module and how engaging the presenter is. I love that she shares her own personal tips and ideas in this session that help her manage stress, but that she also shares a lot of other useful strategies, acknowledging that we’re all different and therefore how we manage stress will be different too.” 🙂
- “Excellent!! This session has given me some extra ideas to help me relax more!!! Thank you for sharing Stav.”