Do you want to…
- Effectively motivate, encourage and support your smoking clients to quit/cut down or learn how to manage their smoking when required or desired?
- Provide your smoking clients with the latest, evidence-based and practical information available?
- Increase your smoking cessation confidence, knowledge and skills?
Then this webinar course is for you!
This webinar series is ideal for health and community professionals who want to increase their knowledge, skills and confidence in smoking cessation. Even brief intervention in as little as 3 – 5 minutes can encourage and support smokers to quit.
This webinar was originally developed for the dental setting, however the content is relevant to all health and community settings as the principles of smoking cessation apply to all clients who smoke.
The webinar series will provide you with information on:
- understanding addiction and identifying the client’s smoking behaviour
- the health effects of smoking and the benefits of quitting
- the 5As, an international evidence-based model (providing brief intervention in as little as 3 – 5 minutes as part of routine care)
- how to provide clients with valuable quitting tips and strategies
- the use of pharmacotherapy (quitting medications) and recommendations for their proper usage
- services available to refer clients for additional information and support
Additional Bonus Module – NEW recording (2022)
Since the recording of the original webinar series, a number of updates have occurred in smoking cessation. This NEW recording (of approximately 1 hour) highlights the latest information, updates and evidence to help support your smoking cessation efforts with your clients.
This bonus webinar will provide you with information on the:
- latest smoking prevalence in Australia
- current social costs of tobacco in Australia
- changes to the evidence-based framework (engaging in the smoking cessation conversation)
- importance of motivational interviewing with some additional communication tips provided
- quitting medications and what is currently available on the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme
- electronic vaping devices and what is currently recommended in Australia
If the complete webinar series is purchased, it is recommended that this new update is reviewed after all 3 modules have been completed.
If you have any questions about the smoking cessation webinar course and/or the new recording, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
About The Trainer
Stavroula Zandes, Director
Stavroula has a background in psychology and counselling, and worked with the Cancer Council Victoria (Quit Victoria) for 20 years in tobacco control. Her roles initially included Quitline telephone counsellor, and as a Quit Educator running seminars for smokers in the workplace and community setting.
During her time at the Cancer Council, she also managed and delivered Quit’s training programs to a range of health and community professionals across Australia. As a result, Stav has trained thousands of professionals from various sectors… Her relationships with these organisations and Educators, inspired her to establish ‘Health & Wellbeing Training Consultants’ to continue to provide education and training in an area that she is deeply passionate about – people’s health and wellbeing.
We are the perfect solution for your training and professional development needs, and look forward to working with you to help improve your confidence, knowledge and skills in smoking cessation.
Read Stav’s full bio here.
What are consumers saying about this training series?
- Thanks Stav for sharing this training online, for sharing your knowledge and experience in smoking cessation in such a practical and engaging way!”
- “I’ve just watched the modules, and can I just say that I really enjoyed them! I did my Quit Educator training a few years ago so it was good to compound my knowledge with what you are teaching. It was also great to refresh what I already knew about NRT, as well as introducing some new theories to implement, such as suggesting ‘practice days’ to my clients. I have already found that some of my clients are happy to try this with minimal encouragement!” 🙂
- “With over four hours of content, this training series was very comprehensive, informative and practical – definitely worth the investment and time! Thank you.”
- “Thanks for providing the extra module with all the updates – it’s practical and to the point, and a great help moving forward! Much appreciated!”