Do you want to…
- Effectively motivate, encourage and support your smoking clients to quit/cut down or learn how to manage their smoking when required or desired?
- Provide your smoking clients with the latest, evidence-based and practical information available?
- Increase your smoking cessation confidence, knowledge and skills?
Then this webinar course is for you!
This webinar series is ideal for health and community professionals who want to increase their knowledge, skills and confidence in smoking cessation. Even brief intervention in as little as 3 – 5 minutes can encourage and support smokers to quit.
This webinar was originally developed for the dental setting, however the content is relevant to all health and community settings as the principles of smoking cessation apply to all clients who smoke.
As part of this series, there are 3 modules that complete the training package. The content in each module builds on the previous module, with all three modules complementing each other.
Module 2: 1 hour 27 mins
- engaging in the smoking conversation
- the 5As, an international evidence-based model (providing brief intervention in as little as 3 – 5 minutes)
- supporting smokers to quit with practical tips and strategies
For information on Module 3, click here.
For information on the complete webinar series, click here.
About The Trainer
Stavroula Zandes, Director
Stavroula has a background in psychology and counselling, and worked with the Cancer Council Victoria (Quit Victoria) for 20 years in tobacco control. Her roles initially included Quitline telephone counsellor, and as a Quit Educator running seminars for smokers in the workplace and community setting.
During her time at the Cancer Council, she also managed and delivered Quit’s training programs to a range of health and community professionals across Australia. As a result, Stav has trained thousands of professionals from various sectors… Her relationships with these organisations and Educators, inspired her to establish ‘Health & Wellbeing Training Consultants’ to continue to provide education and training in an area that she is deeply passionate about – people’s health and wellbeing.
We are the perfect solution for your training and professional development needs, and look forward to working with you to help improve your confidence, knowledge and skills in smoking cessation.
Read Stav’s full bio here.
What are consumers saying about this training series?
- Thanks Stav for sharing this training online, for sharing your knowledge and experience in smoking cessation in such a practical and engaging way!”
- “I’ve just watched the modules, and can I just say that I really enjoyed them! I did my Quit Educator training a few years ago so it was good to compound my knowledge with what you are teaching. It was also great to refresh what I already knew about NRT, as well as introducing some new theories to implement, such as suggesting ‘practice days’ to my clients. I have already found that some of my clients are happy to try this with minimal encouragement!” 🙂
- “With over four hours of content, this training series was very comprehensive, informative and practical – definitely worth the investment and time! Thank you.”